This is the first day of the year of 2014.
New year, new goals, and new attitude on life.
I must say that in review, year 2013 was a pretty amazing year for me. I quit my promising full time job at the airport to start my own internet marketing business. That was a major leap of faith. Throughout the year, I have published almost 100 books and started the nextstopsuccess website to share my life and experiences. By the end of the year, I have earned more money than I have ever earned before, while working only about 20 hours a week.
However, my focus on my financial goals have put a small dent the other 2 in the triangle. My relationships have not been maintained as strongly, and my fitness levels have faltered. I learn that in life there is always room for improvement. Strict attention on one area of your life can weaken other important areas. In 2014 I believe balance is in order.
I want to state some of my new years resolutions here on this website, as a way to be kept accountable for my actions and also to be open with my readers.
1) Make $10,000 passive income monthly by December 2014
- Grow my ebook business
- Publish more articles on my website for my fellow readers
- Start video blogging
- Help others start building their businesses
2) Purchase my first investment property by December 2014
- Set up a strict standard of saving money
- Research on investment property and look for good areas in town
1) Travel out of town at least 3 times with my girlfriend by December 2014
- Out of town, as in out of Vancouver and surrounding areas. Plans to go to San Diego, Mexico, New York, Hong Kong, Japan
- Work hard, so that I may deserve the reward of leaving town
- Use travel time to recharge batteries and rekindle sparks in a long term relationship
2) Rekindle long lost friendships
- With more time than before, use it to set up coffee meetings with friends
- Meet close friends at least once a month
- Use technology to reconnect and build more friendships
1) Complete the Vancouver Marathon on May 4, 2014
- Use newly researched methods to train with less time (practice sprints instead of jogging)
- Go to the gym to build overall fitness, with focus on stamina and leg strength
2) Achieve Krav Maga Level 1 by December 2014
- Start my training in February 2014
- Attend class twice a week
A Few Extra Goals on the side…
- Read at least 10 books by the end of December 2014
- Easily have a 5 minute conversation in Mandarin (new language to learn)
- Buy a new H&K USP pistol and bolt action rifle by the end of December 2014
Those are my goals for the new years. I feel extremely excited just thinking about the things I am going to achieve this coming year! I wrote them out and have them posted in my home office as a constant reminder of the great things that will soon be realized. It is a really powerful exercise for you to do, and I suggest you to do the same thing.
I hope you had a wonderful year 2013 as you reflect back on all your achievements. May year 2014 bring you greater success! Leave a comment below and let me know what your goals are this year.
Happy new years 🙂